I just had a lot on my mind and thought I would just write a short post about how much I ADORE our church! We go to Mt. Horeb UMC here in Lexington, and I am so blessed to have found this church! I started going to the 9am Contemporary service when I was in the 9th grade. I fell in love with the praise band and youth group at the church. When I started attending there, it was still a pretty small church! My how time changes things! I guess everyone else in Lexington realized what an amazing church Mt.Horeb is and what an AMAZING preacher Pastor Jeff Kersey is!
My mom's entire side of the family started attending the traditional service and now my whole family goes there! A few years ago we had talked to Justin's brother and his wife, Taylor, about trying it out and now they (along with their daughter, Savannah) go there as well! A lady from the church called me yesterday and asked if it was ok for she and her 5 year old and 16 month old to stop by our house and bring us a little basket for the birth of Chloe! How sweet is that? We already had a lady from the "Casserole Committee" bring us a delicious homemade lasagna, salad and cupcakes a while back after we brought our little bundle home! It is so thoughtful and generous of these women (and men..) to volunteer their time and money to help out everyone. Including new momma's!
I am so blessed and privaleged to be a part of such a wonderful, large, and caring church family! I have met so many wonderful people and I definitely feel "at home" there!
I volunteered the week before Chloe was born at VBS "High Seas" this year. WOW, is all I can say about that! It was absoltuely amazing! We had over 2,000 children attend and over 800 volunteers! How amazing is that? So proud to be a part of raising our children to grow up in such a wonderful church and teach them to be a follower of Christ!
Our church is currently about to start a new fall Sermon series and small group called "The Forgotten God" by Francis Chan. I am so looking forward to this and can't wait to get started!

If you do not have a church that you call "home", I strongly recommend you give our church a try! I am sure you won't only come ONE Sunday! You will be eager to come back for more!
As a side note...
If you like 10th Ave. North and Addison Road, I highly recommend you attending the concert that is being put on at our church, Sunday, September 12th @ 7pm! Tickets are a steal at only $10!

Just a little background info about our goal as a church:
What We Believe
Make Disciples
- Ministry to families (children and adults)
- Dynamic worship, teaching and communicating God's Word (Scriptures) producing life-changes
Mature Disciples
- Grow followers of Jesus through Biblical teaching, prayer, and authentic living
- Connect our guests and members into a variety of groups and classes for relationships and maturity
Mobilize Disciples
- Prayer driven for evangelism, missions, outreach and service
- Involve every member in ministry utilizing our God-given gifts and talents
Multiply Disciples
- Sharing Christ in word and deed because lost and hurting people matter to God and to us.
- A teaching church providing resources to our community, our denomination and others as we model servant-leadership
www.mthorebumc.com



No comments:
Post a Comment