We had our BIG anatomy ultrasound this morning! I am SUCH a blog stalker, and after seeing many of these "gender reveal" parties with a cake cutting, I decided that I MUST do this!
We went to publix this past weekend and told them our plan, and that we wanted to order a sheet cake. We wanted it to say..."Lauren and Justin are having a ... " and have blue and pink polka dots on it. Once the cake decorator knows the gender, she will either put blue or pink icing in the center, so when we cut the cake the gender will be REVEALED :)
At the OB office this morning, we told our ultrasonographer that we wanted to pretend during the ultrasound as if we weren't going to find out, so she told us to close our eyes during the "bottom" part of the exam.
Once we were finished, she printed out all of our pictures, and gave us the pics and DVD of the ones we COULD see, and sealed up another one that announced the gender in an envelope. After our appointment, Justin and I dropped off the envelope at Publix and are going back to pick up our cake after dinner tonight!
We are having both of our families over to my in-laws this evening to "cut the cake" and find out if Chloe is going to have a baby sister or brother! :) We are so excited we can hardly wait!
But MOST IMPORTANTLY, we got confirmation that we have a healthy and growing baby this morning! Everything looked as it should and we got to hear a great heartbeat! Praise be to God!
I will update SOON with the news of PINK or BLUE! :)
DDDecember
1 year ago



cannot wait to hear your news! congrats!
ReplyDelete